St Teresa’s School are looking for a Wraparound Assistant for our before and after school care provision.
Current hours would be term time only
· Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings 7.45am -8.20am
· Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 3.20pm – 6.00pm
· Friday afternoons 3.20pm- 5.00pm
The ideal candidate will have Level 3 qualification in Early Years, safeguarding and 1st aid training. However, these are not essential requirements.
Please find below information about Safeguarding, together with a Job Description
and Application Form.
St Teresa’s School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to the following documents –
- Our Safeguarding Policy
- Keeping Children Safe in Education: for school and college staff September 2016*
- Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006*
- Working together to safeguard children*
– and note that in cases where any person (whether employed, contracted, a volunteer or student) has harmed, or poses a risk of harm to a child and has been removed from working (paid or unpaid) with children, or would have been removed had he or she not left earlier, the circumstances are promptly reported by the school to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Staff will be vetted for suitability to work in a school as per the current regulations. This includes checks on identity, the right to work in the UK and medical fitness. Consideration will be given to making a referral to the National College for Teaching and Leadership where a teacher has been dismissed for misconduct (or would have been dismissed had he/she not resigned first).
*Statutory guidance from the Department for Education